March 1, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

March 1, 2019

Upcoming Events:

• The Winter Dance scheduled for tonight has been cancelled due to unexpectedly low ticket sales. The SEC apologizes for this last-minute change, and purchased tickets can be refunded at the SAO.
  • Help deliver hope through Gunn’s American Red Cross Club Care Package Drive by donating much-needed items for homeless shelters like travel-size toiletries, new white t-shirts, new socks, laundry soap, pillows, and office supplies. Please donate items in front of the N-building steps between March 4 and 15. This is a grade-level competition with prizes for the winning class!
  • March 7 is Gunn Service Day, an opportunity for students to volunteer their help off-campus at local organizations or on-campus during Flextime and Lunch. Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/gunnserviceday2019, or email Ms. Ichikawa or Ms. Ja for information.
  • ASB Election Packets for 2019-20 are now available online and in the SAO. Make a difference and take action to lead your class. The deadline is March 4 at 4pm in the SAO.
  • It’s time to apply for next year’s Lockheed-Martin Internship! If you are a junior, have a GPA of at least 3.5, have strong PSAT/SAT/ACT math scores, and can commit to part-time work after school throughout next school year, check out the application on Schoology or go to https://www.pausd.org/teaching-learning/work-experience-education by March 4.
  • The BEAM program will present the documentary film “Near Normal Man” during Flextime on March 13. This dynamic film tells the story of a Holocaust survivor. Afterwards, join a discussion with a student panel about hate speech and the growing hatred in our country. Reservations are important, so go to Instagram @nearnormalmangunn to find the RSVP Link.
  • The Bay Area Metropolitan Transportation Commissions is sponsoring an Art on the Horizon contest, seeking digital art that demonstrates what you can do to combat climate change and reduce pollution. Win up to $500! The deadline is March 22 with details at mtcdrive.app.box.com/s/vj8g5btddcsjigu4vl6wltldm0c7xit
  • Come to the TGIF Gunn Improv Farce tonight at 7pm in the Little Theatre for an improvised comedy show! Tickets are free, with concessions sold at the show. See you there!