September 26, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

September 26, 2019

Join us for our annual Wellness Fair this Friday at lunch. The Wellness Center will showcase a variety of resources available to promote your mental and emotional health on the first and second floors of the new P-building. Come get snacks, engage in wellness activities, and learn about our school and community partners.

Support your Gunn water polo teams, and come out to the pool after school this Friday for the inner tube polo tournament and movie night. It is $5 for students and $10 for adults. Sign up your teams of 5 at tinyurl.com/innertubepolo. Everyone is invited! You do not need to know how to play water polo, and even if you don’t want to play you can still come out for the movie, food, and a good time.

ROCK (Reach Out, Care, Know) is selling Puravida bracelets in Gunn colors for only $5! We have both braided and string bracelets and will be selling them until Homecoming Week. Students can contact club officers, email [email protected] or message @rockatgunn on instagram for more details.

The Juana Briones Harvest Festival is coming up on October 20, and high school volunteers are needed to help with ticket sales, carnival games, face painting, craft table, setup and cleanup. If you’d like to gain some community service hours while having fun, email [email protected].

Are you interested in taking the F=ma exam (Physics Olympiad test)? This is the first step toward joining the U.S. Physics Team, representing our country in international competition. Gunn students can take the exam in January at Foothill at no cost. The sign-up deadline is in early December, so go to https://foothill.edu/psme/marasco/olympiad.html for information and the application.

If you missed Fall Club Day, you can still attend club meetings anytime throughout the year. Go to our webpage under “Student Activities” and “Chartered Clubs” to see the more than 100 clubs offered.

The Academic Center is recruiting students who can tutor their peers. We especially need tutors in AP Statistics, AP Calculus, IAC, Chemistry, Spanish, Organization and Planning, and AP Economics. If you can help, come to the Academic Center next to the library to sign up and earn some community service hours or go to Tutorbook.app.