September 23, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

September 23, 2019

If you missed getting your photo taken in August, you have one more chance! TODAY, photographers will be in Spangenberg Auditorium lobby 8am-1:30pm. If you’re getting a re-take and already ordered a picture packet, please bring that with you.

Attention Seniors! Tomorrow is National Voter Registration Day. The next election is March 3, so if you’re a U.S. citizen you can register tomorrow during lunch at the N-building steps or on the Quad. League of Women Voters volunteers will help you register if you bring a driver’s license, California ID, or the last four digits of your Social Security number. Let your voice be heard!

Come out to the annual Wellness Fair this Friday, September 27th at lunch! The Wellness Center will be hosting organizations from around this community as well as clubs on campus to showcase the variety of resources available to promote your mental and emotional health. Student groups will be stationed on the 1st floor of the P-building and outside organizations will be on the 2nd floor. Come by to get snacks, engage in wellness activities, and learn more about our school and community partners. 

If you have already ordered your student photos, you can pick up your packet in the Student Activities office.

Are you interested in taking the F=ma exam (Physics Olympiad test)? This is the first step toward joining the U.S. Physics Team, representing our country in international competition. Gunn students can take the exam in January at Foothill at no cost. The sign-up deadline is in early December, so go to https://foothill.edu/psme/marasco/olympiad.html for information and the application.

The Academic Center is recruiting students who can tutor their peers. We especially need tutors in AP Statistics, AP Calculus, IAC, Chemistry, Spanish 2 or above, and AP Economics. If you have Prep periods Come to the Academic Center to sign up and earn some community service hours or go to Tutorbook.app.