May 13, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

May 13, 2019

Events Happening This Week:

• Everyone is invited to our final jazz concert of the year featuring outstanding jazz seniors! Students get in free this Friday at 7:30pm in Spangenberg Theatre.
  • Come de-stress between APs and Finals with the Mobile Barnyard! Join the animals at “Animal Assisted Happiness” after school this Friday, 3:30-4:30pm in the amphitheater.
  • Palo Alto Children’s Theatre, Stanford, and the Teen Arts Council are sponsoring a free teen summer program which is a fusion of technology and performing arts. Come to an information session this Friday at 7pm and Saturday at 10am at Mitchell Park Community Center’s Teen Center, 3700 Middlefield Road.
  • Celebrate our AAR (Advanced Authentic Research) and CTE Pathway program students at the showcase of student projects, this Friday, 6-8pm in Paly’s Library. See student work from Auto Tech, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, Robotics, Media Arts, Social Justice Pathway, and more!

Information For Upperclassmen:

• Juniors: do you want to be a Titan Ambassador next year? Be a motivator, leader and teacher who guides the freshmen through their transition to high school. If you’re interested, email [email protected] or sign up at the link on the daily bulletin.
  • If you want your Community Service hours to go on your Gunn transcript, the Community Service Tracking Form must be turned in to the Assistant Principal of Guidance by September 6, 2019 at the latest. Remember: you must have at least 100 hours of service on the form before you turn it in. And it MUST BE LEGIBLE.
  • Attention Seniors! If you are planning to attend a 4-year college next year, you MUST tell Parchment which college is to receive your Final Transcript. Be sure you take care of this last step before you graduate on May 30! And remember, the Registrar will only send your Final Transcript to ONE COLLEGE, unless you are in a Wait List situation. If so, you must stop by the Registrar’s office and show her your Wait List letter. See the Registrar with questions.
  • If you purchased a graduation cap and gown set, they will be distributed on May 23 in front of Bow Gym during lunch. If you still need to purchase one, bring $62.50 (checks made out to Jostens) on May 23 and buy one there.
  • Senior check-out forms will be distributed at Cap & Gown pickup on May 23 and must be completed and turned in to your counselor by the end of the day on May 28. Students who have not completed the form will not receive their Graduation Name Card and will not be allowed to participate in rehearsal. Please see your counselor with any questions.