April 24, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

April 24, 2019

Events this week (April 22-28)

• The Gunndance Film Festival will be held this Friday after school in the new Wellness Center, which is in the new building on second floor, room P231. Come see a variety of films that showcase what it means to be a Titan.
  • Miss the Prom Video? Here it is: https://youtu.be/xX9PGIbjHg8 Prom tickets are now on sale for the Junior/Senor Prom on May 18, 7-11pm at the SF Exploratorium. The Early Bird price until this Friday, April 26, is $110 with ASB Card and $120 with Gunn ID or for guests. Regular price after 4pm April 26 through 4pm on May 6 is $120 with ASB Card and $130 with Gunn ID or for guests. Go to the SAC or the online webstore: https://goo.gl/2Y3jV1 If you are bringing a guest who does not attend Gunn, you must turn in a completed Guest Pass before you can buy your guest a ticket. Only ONE guest per student and guests must be in high school. All Guest Passes are due no later than May 6 at 4pm.
  • The Palo Alto Youth Council is hosting the High School Student “Palopalooza” this Friday, 6-9pm at Mitchell Park with a concert, photo booth, food trucks, silent disco, and more! Come on over to have some fun and meet new friends!
  • Are you interested in medical device innovation? Then come to Stanford’s “Biodesign and the Future of Medical Devices” conference this Saturday, 8:30-5pm. Breakfast and lunch are included! RSVP at tinyurl.com/ssbconference2019.
  • The Silicon Valley African Film Festival and Gunn’s Art History Club present “African Cinema Cafe Benefit for Cyclone Idai Relief.” Enjoy live African performances and short films and take part in a silent auction of photographs. All proceeds go toward Cyclone Idai disaster relief in Mozambique and surrounding countries. It happens this Sunday, April 28, 4-6pm at Spangenberg Theatre. Tickets are $10 for students, $20 for adults, and free for those 10 and under.

Next week (April 29-May 3)

• Spring Fling is next week! Sign up for lunch games at the links on Schoology.
  • If you would like to audition to speak at either the Baccalaureate or Graduation ceremony, please complete the linked form by April 30 at 8am. If you have questions, talk to Mr. Dunlap or Ms. Hall https://goo.gl/mRtcZF
  • Cheer Team tryouts are coming up! An Open Gym will be held in Titan Gym May 1-3 from 5-7pm. Tryouts will be held May 6-10 in Titan Gym, 5-7pm. For more details, email [email protected].
  • Ever wonder what it means to be an engineer? Come hear 10 Gunn grads in engineering fields tell their amazing stories on May 1 at 7pm in Spangenberg Theatre. Hear about careers such as environmental work, computer gaming, prosthetics, neuroscience and robotics. Tickets are free at tinyurl.com/GUNN2019.

Reminders!

• Seniors: if you’re planning to attend a 4-year college, don’t forget that you need to use Parchment (www.parchment.com) to have your Final Transcript sent to your college of choice. Instructions about the Final Transcript Request process are in a basket in the Guidance Office and also on the Counseling webpage. Please note that the Registrar will only send your Final Transcript to ONE COLLEGE unless you are in a Wait List situation. If you are in a Wait List situation, you must stop by the Registrar’s office and show her your Wait List letter. Please see the Registrar if you have questions!